Voluntary Return & Sustainable Reintegration in the Country of Origin
The “RESTART” programme works towards integrated return management by facilitating voluntary return and sustainable reintegration in the country of origin for migrants in Malta.
Who is eligible to apply to the RESTART?
Individuals who may apply for the AVRR may include those who have not yet received a final negative decision in relation to their request for asylum, those enjoying a form of international protection, and those who no longer fulfil the conditions for entry-or stay in Malta.
IOM can provide returnees with:
- Information on your country of origin
- Travel documents
- Return flight tickets
- Reintegration grant
What does the Reintegration grant cover?
- Setting up small businesses
- Vocational training courses
- Education (i.e. school/university fees for children/adults)
How do returnees access the Reintegration Assistance?
- Reintegration applicants are given a letter with the contact details of the IOM office in their home country. Communication and liaison with IOM office in home country is initiated prior to return.
- Once they have returned, reintegration beneficiaries should contact the IOM mission in their country in order to receive the reintegration assistance.
- Where no IOM office exists, IOM Malta will make alternative arrangements to pay the integration grant.
RESTART is an AVRR programme implemented in Malta in 2009 by the International Organization for Migration (IOM). This programme is being co-financed by the European Return Fund 2008, the Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs of Malta and the IOM Malta.
Suite 2, 191, Merchant Street - Valletta – Malta
Tel.: +356-2137 4613
Fax: +356-2122 5168